Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Evaluation question 7

From looking at the preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

I think as a group we have come a long way in the progression and standard of our media texts. I think we have improved in every part of making a film and I think we have progressed well.
In the preliminary task we were asked to make a short film and in the final product we were asked to make a opening scene. When we started the preliminary task we didn't really know a lot about the different types f camera shots and angles. We had learnt them but we had never used them before so we probably didn't use them as effectively as we would of liked it to.


This is a screenshot from the opening scene within our preliminary task. You cannot see from this buy this was a little shaky because we didn't use a tri pod. this is compared to our newest opening scene task where the camera was never shaky unless intentional.

The planning for our opening scene was a lot more organised and we completed this much quickly because we knew exactly what we had to do as we have had some practice before and had completed it. This made it much easier for us as the quicker we planned what were had to do then the quicker we could go out and film and spend more time filing and editing. An example of this is when we completed the storyboard we stated which shots we should be using for each one so when we went to film we would know where to set up and exactly where we needed to be meaning it wouldn't take us long to film. this made the filming much smoother and meant that we would have more time to edit.

Some of the camera shots we also used improved a lot because in our preliminary task we used an over the shoulder/tracking shot which was slightly shaky whereas when we used this shot in our opening scene we had the tripod so it allowed the camera to move smoothly. We also made sure that we followed the 180 degree rule, math on action and shot reverse shots and used them effectively which was important because these are all important when it comes to camera.  

When it came to me using the camera and the Mac to edit I felt much more comfortable to use them both with the opening scene. Previously I had never used these equipment before so I was a bit unsure what I was doing but over the year I had practiced meaning that I was more comfortable and new exactly what I was doing on them meaning I could use them more effectively and concluding in giving it a more professional look.

I think the end product of our opening scene was overall good. We had good feedback from people but the only problem we had with it as a group is that we thought it was too short. If we had more time we would have gone back to make it a bit longer and add more in. I think it was good though because our film created a lot of tension and made the audience ask a lot of questions such as "who is this man? what is he doing?" which was our intentions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment