What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?
Overall I think the camera that we used was very good. It showed what we filmed in good quality and it was very simple to use. I liked using it because I found it quite easy and I felt comfortable enough to use it by myself and it was a big step up from the camera used in the preliminary task. We also used a dolly for our camera this time which allowed our camera to move much smoother for tracking shots so as long as were on flat ground it would run smoothly.
When we was filming the only problem we faced was outside interference from other people. this was a problem because we did not have the right to tell people t get out our shot so we would have to wait for them to move patiently but this took up a lot of time. This wasn't a huge problem however because as soon as they were out of the shot it would mean that we could start filming again so this problem was not too difficult to over come.
For the editing we used iMovie. I think this was a good programme to use because it was quite simple to understand and I am not normally good with things like editing but I found this quite easy to use meaning I could edit effectively. It allowed us to use different effects in order to make our film look more of an action film and also allowed us to hide some of our mistakes. An example of this is when the man at the front door was wearing a helmet and you could see the person filming him in the lens but because of the effect you could not see the camera man.
Another mistake we made was that in the opening scene it shows the alarm going off and the time on the phone which was not a realistic time to wake up. We could have changed this by going back and filming but we did not have the time and it was not an obvious mistake.
As a group I think we worked well because we are all good friends so this allowed us to cooperate well and work together. I enjoyed working with them because I feel like we are all on the same wave length and understand each other.
We have been logging our work by the software 'blogger' which I think is good. I liked it because I like to do my work electronically but the issue I had with it was that I didn't embed some of the images and pictures on but only copy and pasted them on which does not show them. I also had the issue of moving the pictures about because it was hard to control where they went and I found it frustrating at times.

No comments:
Post a Comment