Our film is about a hit man getting beat at his own game. In the start another hit man arrives at his house ready to give him a taste of his own medicine.
This is one of the institutional logos for our film. When played it has non diegetic sound and from listening to it, it lets you understand that it is of the action genre because it is faced paced.
This is a picture from the opening scene of the film. It is purposely in a low key lighting because from watching other action films it ids often quit dingy to start with ad creates some tension because it makes the audience think there is not something quite right.
This screenshot is of the main films title. I have mixed opinions about this because I think it is good because it is very big and bold and the colours we have used are from the action genre (silver metal). The problem I have noticed with the title though is that I think it is not clear enough and doesn't have a sharp enough effect to this. when it was created I think we could have made sure we created it in a better programme in order for it to have more quality and look better.
This picture is showing a CCTV shot during the film. I think this is good because it is a generic convention in a lot of action films. although it is not a generic conventions I think there is still a few action films which use them so it gives our film a bit of something different.
this shot also shows the antagonist with a helmet on so he is unidentified. I think this was a good idea to do this because it is a generic convention to not show the antagonist straight away but have him/her covered up as it builds tension for the audience.
This is a simple screenshot of the protagonist holding a gun. A gun is one of the main generic conventions in an action film and you will struggle to find an action film without a pistol used. although this is just a simple example of a generic convention it is probably the biggest one and most used by action film makers.
This screenshot shows knives in the background. Even though they are just kitchen knives used for bread, if the audience see the knives then it will click in their head that they can be used as weapons and it just clarifies to them that they are just watching an action film.
This screenshot shows a kitchen table with flowers sitting on it. This reminds the audience that this hitman has a family and is almost like an ordinary family whereas he is a hitman as a job. I have seen this used before in past films so we thought it would be a good way to illustrate this particular character.

This last picture is showing the man on CCTV riding a motor bike to the protagonists' house. Motor bikes are often used in action film because they are seen to be manly forms of transport.







No comments:
Post a Comment