My chosen genre-
action
An action film is based on an individual or group facing
challenges which normally involve fights, chase scenes and life threatening
situations. The purpose of action is to
put the audience on the edge of their seats meanwhile exciting them.
Action will use low level fantasy and what I mean by that is
that it will be realistic to a degree. For example a Die Hard film is a classic
action and it is extreme but a situation like that could be possible so the
audience have more to think about.
Some examples of action films;
- James Bond films
- Fast and Furious
- Top Gun
- S.W.A.T
- Bourne Identity
In successful action films there is normally a ‘start
theory’. This is that the bigger the star who is in your film then it is going
to attract a wider audience so more people will see the film.
Action films are one of the fastest progressing genres due
to the newest advances in technology. As
technology has improved hugely in the past 10 years or so, it means that more
can be done within action films for example better special effects to make it
look more realistic. If a film looks more realistic to an audience they are
likely to enjoy it more and more people are going to want to see it.
Just like other types of genres, action shared generic
conventions and iconography so the audience can establish what kind of film it
is. To present the different types of generic conventions I am going to create
a mood board full of pictures.
I have chosen to embed this particular video because it is a
typical action film. It involves the normal generic conventions of guns and
good guys vs the bad and I think it is a good relevant video for what I have
been talking about.
No comments:
Post a Comment